Happy not birthday

I think I made a BIG mistake by choosing friends over family. Last night I was sitting in my bed thinking whose going to wake me up and sing happy birthday to me like my mom has done for the past 19 years? Who is going to be waiting downstairs and just love me and be happy that I'm Rachel and that I was born on May 10th 1989? I know its something silly and simple, But instantly when I realized I wouldn't be spending my birthday with my family, I started crying. Is this what growing up feels like? Knowing that your family is a phone call away but they feel like they are just gone forever from your life. Realizing that I am stuck in Utah til next Thursday, I think I don't want to be in this room, in this apartment, this city, this ward full of freshman girls giggling and being cute. I need something different NOW.

1 comments and concerns:



Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear my worries are not unique. It's been a number of months now, but I just wanted to tell you that, even by some stranger over the internet whom you'll never talk to nor see...you have support. May your life work out well, and hopefully, a mutual outcome to follow.

Post a Comment